Monday 9 December 2013

Nigerian Transexual

Who would believe that this pretty Nigerian model and singer who goes by the name, Miss Sahhara, is a transgender and was once a male?
Well, this much she revealed during the World Transgender Day of Remembrance that she was harassed and jailed in Nigeria for being a transgender and she even attempted suicide but is now proud and free in the United Kingdom where she has found her likes and has been accepted.
This is part of what she wrote: “I am standing in front of the mirror looking at my reflection. Tears of joy trickle down my rouged cheek before going on stage. I am in tears because I just can’t believe how realistic my dreams have become. I am a woman!
“Living my life freely; accepted and respected for my achievements as a model and a performer. I did not imagine life could be this amazing many years ago after being released from a horrid Nigerian prison for being different.
“Then all I could think was I could die in this prison and no one will know or care. Being imprisoned felt justifiable, considering I was being punished for being ‘gay’ – something they assumed due to my feminine features and mannerisms.
“I wasn’t gay, I am a woman born differently due to natural defects. I was born male but my brain, gestures, features and carriage functioned as female.
“I dreamt of being free to be myself, free of insults, free of judgment and free from harassments. That freedom came when I moved to the United Kingdom, finding girls like me gave me hope of not being alone in my journey of self-discovery.”
See her tweet here:

See more of her pictures





Story culled from http://pulse.ng/gist/meet-nigerian-model-who-was-once-male-id2548075.html

No comments:

Post a Comment